What are VR Property Tours?
Allowing your market to explore a proposed development from anywhere in the world
Good to know
Our VR property tours can be viewed using any VR headset & smartphone. Our tours also work extremely well without a VR headset, on desktop, tablet or smartphone - no specialist hardware required!
Great for: marketing, client presentation
Typical turnaround: 15 working days
Also known as: Virtual Reality Property Tours
VR experience using a VR Headset & smartphone
- Navigate to the VR Property Tour, on your smartphone browser.
- Click the (above) to launch VR mode.
- Place your phone into your headset and look through the eye pieces.
- Look around and take in the space.
- Move position by hovering the crosshairs over the circular "hotspots".
- Tips: Sit in a chair that can rotate 360° - an office chair is ideal. If you need to stand, make sure you have plenty of room around you and do not try to walk around. Try to avoid sudden head movements as this can lead to motion sickness.
Don’t have a VR headset?
- Navigate to the desired VR property tour.
- Click/tap & drag in the image, to look around.
- Move position within the space by clicking/tapping the circular "hotspots".
- Alternatively you can request a demo.
What we need from you
Brief or list of areas to cover
Proposed CAD drawings or 3D model
Existing CAD drawings, if available
Furniture & lighting schedules
Finishes schedule & precedent photos
- Information must be accurate and use a known datum/grid
Typical Production Process
Site photography & camera matching (photomontages)
We visit site to capture viewpoints and information to recreate lighting & context. You will be asked to attend to check the scope of the views meets your requirements. A short-list is issued and the selected views are re-created in 3D.
We analyse the selected photographs to identify key points within each view. Our surveyor will visit site to survey each view's location and key points.
Initial 3D modelling
A basic model is created so we can mock up the positionsviewpointscamera sequences.
Camera sequence creation
Initial viewpointscamera sequences are created and issued for approval. We offer screen share sessions so you can suggest tweaks and see the changes in real time.
Detailed 3D modelling
CAD drawings are used to create a detailed 3D model of your proposal.
Proposed finishes are recreated and applied. Level 3 only.
The surveyed camera positions and key points are used to create virtual cameras using the real world camera positions and focal lengths.
Image production & rendering
Light is an important part of CGIsflythroughs so we take time lighting the scene, to set the right atmosphere. The lighting conditions in the site photography are replicated and any adjacent buildings are created, ensuring CGIs of the proposed sit naturally within the context. Our render farm turns the 3D model and lighting information into raw rendered CGIsframes, ready for the finishing touches.
Masking is applied to integrate the CGIs of the proposal accurately within the context. Level 1 and above only.
The hues, saturation & contrast are all finessed to make sure the CGIsflythrough really pops. People can also be added to enhance the sense of scale.
Approval process & delivery
Draft CGIsVR Propert Toursflythroughs will be issued via email so you and your team can provide us with consolidated feedback on any adjustments required. The finished CGIsVR Propert Tourflythrough will be made available once approved.